Amazon.com is a great sales channel for many types of products because of its great visibility, loyal customer base and a perception of high security. Not to mention it has a meticulously maintained technical platform to support third party retailers. However, there are many things that you will need to learn if you are going to sell on Amazon. Of course one of the most important things you need to do as an Amazon merchant is referred to as “winning the Buy Box“.
On the Amazon platform customers can add products to their shopping cart through multiple paths. One of those paths is by using the Add to Shopping Cart button. Only one merchant will “win” the Buy Box. Multiple factors are taken into account when Amazon selects the Buy Box winner including:
- Price (Low total price, includes shipping)
- Availability (Quick and consistent fulfillment)
- Volume (Consistency)
- Refunds (Low refund rate)
- Customer Feedback (Low negative feedback)
- A to Z Guarantee Claims (Low A to Z claims)